Last night for dinner I tried another new recipe, this one came from NomNom Paleo. It was super easy to make but very very tasty and fairly healthy as well! On the side we had some steamed asparagus.
- 1 Tablespoon of the fat of your choice (I used olive oil)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb. of ground beef (the original recipe says you can use whatever type of ground meat you choose. I’m sure this would be tasty with turkey, beef, chicken, lamb, etc.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. of curry powder (I used Muchi curry because I couldn’t find Madras curry as the recipe calls for)
- 1/2 of a small head of cabbage, thinly cut
- whatever other veggies you have on hand that you think might go well in the stir fry (I used a small can of sliced mushrooms that we happened to have around but I imagine bell peppers would be delicious, as would broccoli florets, or string beans or sugar snap peas)
Then add your meat, and use a wooden spoon to break it up into little pieces. Continue sauteeing until the meat loses its pink color. Add salt, pepper and whatever other seasonings you are using and stir thoroughly in with the meat and onions.
Next, I added the mushrooms in with the meat and onions since I wanted them to take on some of the flavor from the curry. Depending on what vegetables you are adding, you may want to add them now or later…