- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (we used a yellow onion)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 16-oz. rib-eye steaks (we made 2 but they were both really big!)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Combine oil, sliced onion, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon black pepper in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
Add steaks to marinade, turning to coat. Spoon half of sliced onion evenly over steaks. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to cook: preheat broiler. Remove steaks from marinade. Combine paprika, cayenne, salt, white pepper and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle each side of each steak with 1 teaspoon of spice mixture. Broil steaks until cooked through, about 8 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Cut each steak in half. Divide steaks among plates; serve.
We also chose to sautee the onions and they turned out absolutely delicious as well!